Based on Document No. 6439/UBND-SYT dated 28/9/2020 of the Da Nang People’s Committee detailing entry and quarantine guidance for COVID-19 prevention and control measures in Da Nang;
Based on Document No. 4003/SYT-NVY dated 01/10/2020 of Da Nang Department of Health on quarantine of passengers entering Viet Nam through Da Nang
Da Nang Department of Foreign Affairs announces important information to foreigners and organizations regarding entry into Viet Nam through Da Nang:
1. This notification applies to foreigners entering Viet Nam under the following categories:
- Experts, investors, managers, highly skilled workers (hereinafter referred to as experts), and their families;
- International students and volunteers;
- Holders of diplomatic or official passports and their families.
2. Agencies in charge of receiving documents and supporting entry procedures for foreigners
a) Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs processes documents of enterprises which are based outside the industrial zones and hi-tech park.
b) Da Nang Hi-Tech Park and Industrial Zones Authority processes documents of enterprises which are based in the hi-tech park and industrial zones.
c) Investment Promotion Agency processes documents of foreign investors, enterprises and managers entering Viet Nam for the purpose of learning and surveying the investment environment in Da Nang.
d) Department of Education and Training processes documents of schools or educational and training institutions located in Da Nang that wish to support foreign teachers, lecturers, volunteers, and students.
e) Department of Foreign Affairs processes documents of agencies and organisations under the authority of the Da Nang People’s Committee, foreign non-governmental organizations, international organizations in Viet Nam, and foreign diplomatic missions and consular offices.
3. Requirements for the entry of foreigners
- Completed test for SARS-CoV-2 by Real-time PCR technique with a negative result within 3-5 days prior to the date of entry to Viet Nam. The SARS-CoV-2 test must be carried out in the laboratory of an authorized medical agency. Experts must either have international health insurance or the agencies or organizations who host them must commit to paying for treatment in case such experts are infected with COVID-19.
- Compliance with measures to ensure safety against COVID-19 epidemic upon entery and while at immigration, quarantine facility, residence, meeting place, signing place, or workplace; Compliance with all testings according to the professional requirements of medical agencies.
- All expenses for quarantine, transportation and testing for COVID-19 are covered by the host organization following current regulations and at current medical service prices. The fees will be waived for those entering on diplomatic missions or official purposes (except for the quarantine expenses at hotels as desired).
4. Documents for entering Viet Nam
Enterprises, agencies, organizations and individuals which invite foreigners to enter Viet Nam will be responsible for preparing entry records. However, foreigners should coordinate with their host to complete the following documents:
- Application for assistance for people entering Viet Nam (including a list of foreigners);
- 01 copy of the plan for ensuring safety against COVID-19, approved by the Department of Health.
- 01 copy of the enterprise registration certificate, investment registration certificate (if any) or other equivalent documents certifying the legal status of the agency, organization, or enterprise.
- 01 copy of work permit (if any);
- 01 copy of passport;
- 01 copy of visa (if any);
- 01 copy of confirmation letter or letter of request to work (if any);
- 01 copy of the operation registration certificate or the registration of establishment of the representative office/foreign non-governmental project office (for foreign non-governmental organizations); documents proving the operation of international organizations in Viet Nam (for international organizations);
- Proof of being an investor, technical expert, skilled worker, or business manager. If these papers are of foreign origin they must be consular legalized, translated into Vietnamese, and authenticated under Vietnamese law;
- Invitation letter or letter of request for foreign investors, enterprises, and managers entering Viet Nam for the purpose of studying and surveying the investment environment in Da Nang;
- Commitment to medical declaration and quarantine guidelines according to the regulations of the Government of Viet Nam and Da Nang City (English and Vietnamese).
5. Principles for control and prevention of COVID-19 after entering Vietnam
Experts, students, international volunteers, Diplomatic/ Official passport holders, and their family members who enter Vietnam for official business under 14 days
2. Have your first test collected on arrival at port of entry or quarantine facility. Guests are eligible to work after receiving negative results for COVID-19. Additional tests are collected every 2 days after first test until leaving Vietnam or detecting COVID-19 symptoms. A test will also be collected one day before leaving Vietnam.
3. Note travel history (date, time, places, contact information), submit a health report, and inform medical staff every day; Guests are only eligible to leave quarantine facility for meetings, contract/agreement signings, travel to workplaces, or field trips which are approved by the Department of Health.
Experts, students, international volunteers, Diplomatic/ Official passport holders, and their family members who enter Vietnam for official business over 14 days
1. Register at a quarantine facility (established by the Steering Committee) with safety conditions certified by the Dept. of Health.
2. Have your first test collected on arrival at port of entry or quarantine facility. If your test returns negative, maintain quarantine until the second test is collected on the 6th day after arrival. If your second test returns negative, you are allowed to return home and maintain quarantineuntil the 14th day afterarrival). At this stage, you are advised to strictly follow instruction by the Ministry of Health. Important note: during your quarantine, if you have any symptoms of the disease, you must have another test sample collected immidately.
3. While staying at home or hotel, please strictly obey quarantine and disease prevention rules; refrain from meeting people in the local community; inform the authorities immediately if you experience any symptoms of the disease. You are also advised to record and save contact details of all people that you meet (if any) until your quarantine ends.
4. Local health authorities will collect the SARS-CoV-2 test on the 14th day after arrival or at any time when you have symptoms of the disease.