On 4th April 2020 the Da Nang Steering Committee for Prevention and Control of COVID-19 (the Steering Committee) promulgated Dispatch No. 66//BCĐ-SYT on quarantine of people from the affected localities in order to prevent and control the pandemic. Important points from the Dispatch include:
1. Paid concentrated medical quarantine is applied to people leaving Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang from 5th April 2020 (including Da Nang citizens living, working or studying in these cities) by air, rail, road or sea. In specific:
- Quarantine locations: Concentrated quarantine facilities in Da Nang.
- Quarantine duration: 14 days from the date of leaving Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- Quarantine fee is charged for food and living expenses as regulated in Resolution No. 37/NQ-CP dated 29th March 2020 of the Viet Nam Government, and for accommodation costs depending on the quarantine facility.
2. Quarantine at home or accommodation facilities is applied to those leaving Ha Noi or Ho Chi Minh City from 1st April to 4th April 2020 and those coming to Da Nang from localities with COVID-19 cases of secondary infection in the community.
3. Quarantine measures are not applied to:
- Those coming to or returning to Da Nang who have completed quarantines in other localities in accordance with regulations and obtained certificates of quarantine completion. These arrivals are requested to declare health status to health agencies and local authorities, conduct health self-monitoring and implement COVID-19 prevention and control measures as regulated.
- Those in special cases who come to or return to Da Nang on working trips or official missions, who are experts, consultants or in charge of leading or executing key projects and works in Da Nang. These arrivals are required to present a written request from their workplace or Head of the Project Management Unit as well as a written confirmation of health status and epidemiological history issued by the local health agencies, and will be under medical supervision.
- Other special emergency cases as approved by the Steering Committee.