On August 17, 2021 the Da Nang People’s Committee issued Note 5317/UBND-SYT on quarantine, testing and medical supervision measures for COVID-19 prevention and control. According, the following measures shall be applied for people coming from COVID-19 hit areas:
1.1. For people entering from foreign countries, who have received sufficient doses of COVID-19 vaccine or who have recovered from COVID-19 (except for experts entering Viet Nam less than 14 days for work purposes and specific groups who are required to quarantine as per the regulations set by the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control and the Ministry of Health):
a) The following conditions must be satisfied:
(1) A valid negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 (done by RT-PCR/RT-LAMP) performed less than 72 hours before departure and is certified by the relevant authorities of the country where the test is done.
(2) Have received sufficient doses of COVID-19 vaccine (the last dose must be done at least 14 days and no more than 12 months prior to the entry date) and possess a proof of vaccination or having been positive to SARS-CoV-2 in the past (a positive test result done by single-cell RT-PCR less than 6 months prior to entry) and proof of full recovery from COVID-19 or equivalent documents confirming recovery given by relevant authorities of the country where medical treatment was given.
b) COVID-19 prevention and control measures: Compulsory 7-day quarantine at a designated location, followed by 7-day medical supervision, SARS-CoV-2 tests done on the first and seventh day from the date of entry (quick antibody or RT-PCR test could be done on the 1st day; single-cell RT-PCR test is required on the 7th day; if test turns positive, medical measures will be performed as per regulations).
- The transfer and receipt of passengers who completed compulsory quarantine, continuing with medical supervision is specified at Note 425/CV-BCD dated Jan 19, 2021 of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, which is strictly required to prevent disease spreading in the community.
- During the transfer from the designated quarantine location to the place of residence, passengers must follow the 5K rules, especially using face masks, social distancing, and turing on the Bluezone app at all time.
- During the medical supervision period, the Bluezone app should be used until 14 days after the entry. 5K rules, especially using face masks and social distancing, are also required.
1.2 For people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have recovered from COVID-19 coming/returning from COVID-19 hit areas (which are regularly updated at https://moh.gov.vn/dia-diem-cach-ly by the Ministry of Health, or at bit.ly/vungdich by Da Nang City), from provinces and cities that are practicing social distancing under Directive 15/CT-TTg dated March 27, 2020 or Directive 16/CT-TTg dated March 31, 2020 of the Prime Ministers, from isolation areas/provinces, or from high risk or very high risk areas/provinces according to Decision 2686/QD-BCDQD dated May 31, 2021 of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control (COVID-19 hit areas for short):
a) The following conditions must be satisfied:
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with vaccination certification on the “So suc khoe dien tu” app or by a vaccination facility, in which the last dose must be must be administered at least 14 days and no more than 12 months prior to the date of arrival), or have recovered from COVID-19 (with a certificate of a positive RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 test result of no more than 6 months prior to the date of arrival, and a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 or a hospital discharge certificate).
b) COVID-19 prevention measures applied: Home-based quarantine for 14 days, and RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 sample collection conducted 4 times, on the 1st, 4th, 7th and 14th days since the date of leaving the COVID-19 hit area. If test turns positive, medical measures will be performed as per regulations.
1.3 For people coming/returning from pandemic hit areas, not yet vaccinated or only vaccinated with 1st dose: Mandatory quarantine for 14 days and sample collection conducted 4 times, on the 1st, 4th, 7th and 14th days since the date of leaving the pandemic hit area. Medical supervision at home for the next 14 days, and sample collection conducted twice on the 7th and 14th days since the date of finishing concentrated quarantine.
1.4 For people on business trips per decision by competent authorities, not yet vaccinated or only vaccinated with 1st dose, coming from non-pandemic hit areas and staying in Da Nang after the working trip: Home-based quarantine for 14 days. RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 sample collection conducted 4 times on the 1st, 4th, 7th and 14th days.
1.5 For people coming from other provinces, cities and areas and passing by pandemic hit areas with proof of no stopping: No quarantine measures applied.
1.6 For those driving vehicles which transport goods from/to COVID-19 hit areas to Da Nang: must present valid QR Code Identification issued by the Department of Transport for transportation of goods for construction, manufacturing, import-export, or consumption, and certificate of a negative RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 test result or a negative quick test result within 72 hours since the time of the result.
If drivers from pandemic hit areas do not meet the above requirements and are not fully vaccinated, they shall be sent to mandatory quarantine as stated at Section 1.3.
(Translated by Thuy Linh & Cam Tu)